Replacing Google Maps’ API with an Embedded Google Map
This past August, we published a guide on how to deal with Google’s new API limits and newly enforced API licensing. Many of our clients prefer to keep using a Google map while wanting to avoid the API limits and registration that Google is now enforcing.
How to Embed a Google Map on your website instead of using the Google Maps API.
- Go to https://www.google.com/maps and enter the address of the location you want to view on the map.
- Click on the SHARE icon in the left side menu on the map.
- Click on the EMBED A MAP tab in the pop-up share dialogue box.
- Click on the COPY HTML link next to the embed code (upper right side of the pop-up share dialogue box).
- Go to your website
- Paste the embed code into your website where you’d like it to appear (if you’re using a Visual Editor such as DIVI for WordPress insert a CODE module and paste the embed code into that module).