What business leader doesn’t want more qualified traffic to their website?
Not all traffic is created the same and not all visitors to your website are going to be qualified prospects, although their there are many ways you drive more traffic to your website. In this article we will take a look at some of the free options that you can consider to drive more traffic to your website.
While there are many ways to jumpstart or increase the number of visitors to your website, many websites simply don’t have the necessary resources to attract more visitors. The good news is that this problem can be resolved with the proper mindset and a bit of work. Yes there is work required, especially with these free website traffic ideas, although if you have a bit of drive and perseverance you can do the work and the research to help drive more traffic to your website for free!
Imagine how sweet it would be if you could drive more traffic to your website without spending a single penny. Many sites have articles and blog posts that offer tips and guidelines on how to generate website traffic only using free methodologies. It’s possible, you don’t need to spend a single penny although be prepared that it can take some time to drive traffic if you don’t want to pay for advertising. That being said, I’m a proponent of free traffic – also referred to as organic traffic as opposed to paid traffic. We built our own website, valorouswebdesign.com, over the years and now attract thousands of unique visitors each month – via organic traffic, and we do so without paying for that organic traffic.
If you want traffic immediately then you need to consider buying some of that traffic by paying for keyword specific or targeted ads on Google, Facebook, Instagram and other online platforms. Sometimes it’s best to pay for some traffic via advertising up front while simultaneously building your organic traffic so that you can cut back or eliminate the paid traffic in the future.
Free Traffic Tip #1
- Take advantage of online communities and forums. Online communities and forums such as Facebook Groups and Linkedin Groups offer you the ability to interact with potential clients and build credibility with them through your input in the group. The great thing about forums and online communities is that you can target a certain group that fits the certain demographic that you are looking for. With online communities and forums you can build a reputation for your company. Show the members of that community or forum what you are made of, and wow them with your range of expertise about the subject. This allows you to build a reputation and earn the trust of the people in the group.
Free Traffic Tip #2
- Make use of newsletters to provide people with information about your products/services and interesting and entertaining articles. If you can create and share relevant content that your target audience is interested in you can encourage people to sign up for your newsletter and recommend it to other people. By including “teasers” in your newsletter – short introductions to articles with catchy titles and engaging photos – you can direct people to your website to read the entire article. This will help increase your website traffic and will also help you keep your name and your business at the top of your prospect’s mind.
Free Traffic Tip #3
- Consider trading links with other websites that have a similar audience. Find businesses that offer different products and services than you do and that serve the same clientele that you want to work with. For example, an auto dealer might want to partner with an insurance company, a cake baker might want to partner with a catering company, and an accounting firm might want to partner with an attorney. By exchanging links, the efforts of both businesses/organizations will potentially benefit both sites. Every visitor that goes to your partner’s website could potentially click on the link to your site and visit your site as well.
Free Traffic Tip #4
- Writer articles that pique the attention of your target audiences and offer these articles to other, related websites, for free as a guest post. If you can write articles that entertain, inform, educate or instruct your audience you may be able to offer these articles to related websites for free in exchange for an author link to your website. This can help you reach new audiences and can help the sites you parter with by providing them with remarkable content too.
Free Traffic Tip #5
- Write good content for your website. Search engines track down the keywords and keyword phrases that your site uses and then use that information to determine where your site should rank for relevant search queries. You don’t need to have content written by a professional author or writer – simply use your knowledge and experience to write content that is entertaining, informative, educational or instructive to your audience. Think about questions that you get asked regularly and write content on your website to answer those questions.
Each of these methods can drive more traffic to your website for free. All it takes is a bit of effort and some creative thinking on your part. My best tip is to get started today – don’t wait. If you start doing any of these Free Traffic Tips today you’ll begin the process of driving more traffic to your website.