Content Marketing for your business
Did you know that ants have been roaming the Earth for over 100 million years? And that the combined population of ants weighs more than that of humans?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. (Source: http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/what-is-content-marketing/)
Interesting facts, but why tell you this? Because it leads into the first characteristic necessary for success in your content marketing efforts.
- Adaptability: For how small ants are, you might not expect them to outweigh all humans. You might also wonder how they have survived so long. Ants, like other creatures who have lived for so many years, endured because of their ability to adapt. If they could not survive in certain climates, they migrated. If they could not live off of a certain plant, they found a different one to eat.
Finding success with content marketing also requires you to adapt. It means closely reviewing your current strategy and making changes to problem areas.
Do you write blog posts that nobody reads? Then you might have to:
- change your style of writing
- change who you’re writing them for, or
- change how you actually market and/or promote your blog posts
Does your content marketing get plenty of views but limited or no interaction? Then you might have to beef up your SEO (search engine optimization) to make sure your content marketing appeals to your target audiences to bring in the right website traffic, or create clearer and more specific calls to action that encourage your audience to engage with you.
You have to constantly adapt and evolve to become a better content marketer, and consequently, grow your brand.
Part of adapting is learning what does and does not work, and using that information moving forward, which leads to number two on the list:
- Willingness to Learn: You can’t successfully adapt if you refuse to identify your problem areas and learn how to fix them.
How can you learn more about content marketing?
- Study those who have found success with content marketing in the past.
- Watch instructional videos, read books and blogs.
- Keep testing until you find what works.
If you want to create a content marketing strategy that will grow your business, then follow the ants’ lead and learn to adapt. In addition, have a willingness to keep soaking up as much quality information that you can and a commitment to developing your skills. All successful content marketers have these two characteristics… are you one of them?
What one thing have you done that has boosted your content marketing success?
Does Google Like YOUR Website?
Find out for FREE!
No strings. No spam. Just facts.
Guaranteed 4 Hour Response Time! Get Help Now!
Fast. Professional. Personalized.