What is Snapchat?
Snapchat lets you easily talk with friends, view Live Stories from around the world
, and explore news in Discover. Life’s more fun when you live in the moment!
Feel free to learn more at https://www.snapchat.com or you can suffice with some of the following facts:
- Snapchat has more users than Twitter or Pinterest or Linkedin
- On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of all 18 to 34 year-olds in the United States
- Snapchat is the country’s second-favorite social network
- Measuring your return on investment (ROI) on Snapchat is difficult at best. ROI measurement on Snapchat reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from John Wanamaker that is often attributed to PT Barnum:
“I know that only half of my advertising works; the problem is I don’t know which half.
- SnapChat is fantastic for building relationships
How should you use Snapchat?
Now that you have a basic understanding about what Snapchat is you may be wondering how you can leverage it to help promote your business or organization. Snapchat is different in many ways than Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Pinterest and Twitter, then again, some of the ways to use it are quite similar. Here are seven + one = eight things you can to do be successful on Snapchat:
- Tell stories
- Repurpose other content
- Do A/B Testing (i.e. test out different headlines for a blog post and see which get’s the most traction)
- Push people to other channels
- Have FUN!
- Engage with Individuals and Groups
- Maintain Consistency
- Be REAL!
- Create a series of snaps to tell a story about you or your organization
- Provide a “Behind the Scenes” look
- Offer Special Deals
In summary – use Snapchat to share your stories, promote your brand and ultimately engage your audience by doing what you do best . . . be yourself and be authentic!